Saturday, December 20, 2008

Thanksgiving





So on November 21 Jeff and Chad and I decided that we would leave the next day and drive down to Arizona to spend Thanksgiving with my family. (Why plan??? Spontaneity is so much more fun!!??) It took 20 hours, but we got to the Valley of the Sun Sunday evening and had such a fun week. Jeff was going to have to go down to the valley to work anyway, so he spent much of his time working. Chad spent time with his friends and I spent time - much needed time - with my mom and sister. Can I just tell you that I love these women? The three of us are pretty different personality wise. I realized that more this trip. My sister is definately the calm before the storm. I am the storm. My mom is the aftermath - she's there to make everything better when it's really not. But we seem to compliment each other and being with them is one of my very favorite things to do.
Thanksgiving was fun. We had 13, which was a nice crowd. Garret and Cori are moving to Utah in January, so it was especially fun to be together before they moved. My two boys Tyler and Devin even came down to give me hugs and I'll post those pictures in another blog.

1 comment:

Susan Sorensen said...

I'm sorry I missed this when you posted it...somehow I wasn't aware that you had a blog- or that you were keeping it up. I'll check more often. I'm still trying to figure out if being the 'afermath' is a good thing or not. ? I hope so.
Loveyou!